NEXT TOWN HALL SCHEDULED FOR Sunday, MARCH 21st 2:00 pm
ANNUAL Members' Meeting March 7th
- Tree removal around Lodge
- April date to be determined to have an open cutting session on wood by block building and pole barn: Greg E, Sue, Chris J, John McEnhill, Jerry to cut wood – anyone wanting to firewood to come out and cut
- Jerry exploring options for walnut tree: sell or mill for lumber
Possible purchaser: Kelvin Potter 517-927-6798
- Property Tax Exemption Application filed. (Due date March 5th)
- Water heater: 80-gallon tank complete.
- Signage: Temporary (6 month) road sign installed. Two other vinyl signs hung in front and back of property.
- Need someone to take on project of finding a couple of sign companies to give us designs acceptable to Delhi township and estimated prices – DAN to find someone to take on project
- Lock and Key to pole barn installed. Matches block building. Salt moved inside pole barn
- Lodge Porch Light – installed
- Hung quilts in Lodge to deaden the sound and look at color palettes
- Plus minor projects all through the building – sluggish plumbing for lodge toilets, capping gas pipe in Activity Room, etc.
WORK SCHEDULED FOR WEEK OF MARCH 1ST
- Installation of hand railing Jerry, volunteers – Safety concern –
- Architectural plans for foundation repair for building permit
- REPAIR of DECK after wall is fixed – Nate Shipley will do that
- Layout of Sanctuary: two men will be coming to do the lifting and to move heavy items to lower basement
- Repair of leak in Grand Hall caused for debris and melting ice
- May need plaster work on ceiling
- Commercial Kitchen professional cleaned schedule for March 2nd
- Kitchen Pantry: unboxing and organizing of kitchen supplies Saturday, March 6th
- Inspector Company – Dan to contact regarding items missed
- Quilts – install two more quilts in Lodge
- COMPLETE: Doors rekeyed (except for Lodge kitchen door)
- COMPLETE: Tech Team: Location of AV booth settled on as a movement cabinet stored in sanctuary closet
- COMPLETE: Motion sensing switch in kitchen and women’s rest room
- COMPLETE: Lodge Drink Cooler – sold for $300 and moved
- IN WORK: ARCHITECTURAL PLANS – Hired Roger Donaldson: township change of use reqirements & engineered plans for foundation repair
- IN WORK FIRE SUPPRESSION
- Dan met with Fire Marshall – Brad Drury about compliance needs
- Guardian Alarm Company: Jerry met with them. They need architectural plans to give us their plan for service, including possible smoke alarms in Lodge
- IN WORK TREE REMOVAL- Wednesday Feb. 24th (weather permitting)
- Waiting to hear from HVAC guy to remove air conditioner under deck. Jerry will try another company
- COMPLETE: Stacey and Jerry cut section out around walnut tree and removed lattice in prep for Clark’s Tree service removing walnut tree.
- IN WORK FURNACES: Jerry working on two of them.
- IN WORK WATER HEATERS: Jerry fine tuning
- IN WORK ELECTRICAL Lights, Plugs, Safety Exit Signs: Jerry, Ron, Stacy working on them through the building.
Outside fire alarm replaced. Restroom lockers cleaned out (cominations for padlocks). New fridge delivered to Lodge kitchen. Great hall carpets shampooed. Lodge women's shower de-molded and painting started. Old golfclub nooks removed from Lodge basement. On-going checking of all electrical plugs, light fixtures, "exit' signs.
Work continues on furnaces and water heaters to insure that they are running well.
Temporary signage at road - waiting for approval of 3rd application. We will have 6 months to get to a permanent sign at the road
Handicap Ramp Report: Chris McEnhill has submitted three designs, recommended using composition material as safe and low maintenance.
Hired architect Roger Donaldson to create plans to submit to the City to complete 'change of use' / occupancy permit, as well as engineered drawings for Lodge foundation wall repair. Nate Shipley has been hired as contractor.
Clark's Tree Removal by Lodge - scheduled for Feb. 19th or 24th depending on weather. Deck, lattice and air condition needs to be removed in order to fully take down walnut tree. Looking to have Nate Shipley removed deck prior to Feb. 19th.
Simon's roofing has been hired to install new roof and rain gutters on Lodge and to replace facia and soffits where needed. We are waiting of pole barn roofing until we know more about other expenses.
Projects for week of Feb. 14th - 20th
Feb. 17th meeting with Guardian Alarm to review our services.
Saturday, Feb. 20th - Group meeting of Design Team, and other subteams, board members etc to look at overall plan
Keys - get doors rekeyed - Jerry
Property Tax Ememption Paperwork - Dan
Chimney quote - get a second one - Jerry
AV Booth location: Tech Team meeting Monday, Feb. 15th
Progress week of Feb. 1st - 6th
Project Team: Getting quote on repairing cinder block wall.
Continued work on un-freezing fire suppression system, de-salting water heater, prepping podium platforms.
On-going deep clean of building. Waiting for board approval for professional cleaning of commercial kitchen.
Working on Fire Suppression system and Guadian Fire Alarm to understand system
Tree removal around pole barn completed. Trees around Lodge still to be done.
Handicap ramp: waiting for information from Delhi township and suppliers. (Chri
s McEnhill, Deb Pennington)
Rekeying of Lodge.
Design Team: Met Feb. 2nd to determine shingle color and send recommendation to the board. Meeting Saturday, Feb. 6th at Unity and online to discuss color palette for Lodge, Signage
(Sue Winklestern, Nan Podany, Wynn Potter, Sharon Lininger, Carol Maynard, Nancy Cody)
Tech Team: Met to discuss using TV monitors in place of powerpoint projector in sanctuary
Feb. 4th Meeting: Steve and Razz for sound, Bill from Willow AV for broadcasting equipment and Jeff and Sharon for workable layout
Wanting to insure setup is movable as we experiment best layout for sanctuary
Progress as of Friday, January 29th, 2021
Design Team: Ordering a vinyl sign to attached to Chisholm Hills sign at Road. Next meeting Tuesday, Feb. 2nd
Project Team: Quotes coming in during the first week of February include Chimney, Foundation Wall, and Accessibility Ramp
Tree Removal around Lodge and Pole Barn by Clark's Trees week of Feb. 8th
Email board for ap
proval for profesional cleaning of commercial kitchen and 'ice cream' bar. $1900
Delau Fire Suppression Co will service our fire systems
Tech Team: Video equipment ordered for recording and live streaming. Next meeting Monday, Feb.1
Cleaning: Lodge wooden 'dance floor' steam cleaned
More cleaning done on women's Lodge locker room - exptied out old cleaning items in unused shower stall
Upper level lodge organized and no essential items removed.
Moving boxes recycled. Rest of rafters vacuumed
Progress as of Friday, January 22nd, 2021
Mail Box installed!!!
Internet functioning and phone sch
eduled for Monday, January 25th.
Lodge Kitchen thoroughly cleaned
Applied Imaging repairs printers and delivered new photo copier (Equipment damaged in the move)
Minister's Office setup and functioning
Office Manager's Office in an experimental setup until floor plan is finalized
Lodge Carpets cleaned.
Delau Fire suppression system leak repaired
First signage on Lodge Offices, Some of the golf course signs taken down
Electrical inspection check on plugs, etc.and minor repairs (throughout the Lodge)
Many boxes unpacked
Deep cleaning of top floor of Lodge
Cleaned sump pump - several times - leak in basement from fire suppression system
If you missed the January 17th Townhall to discuss the plan for the new property, click on this link to hear what was said. January 17th, 2021 TOWNHALL
1. Townhalls will be held once a month on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 2:00 pm for updates
2. Weekly updates will be posted on the USCL Discussion Group Facebook page. If you are not a member of this page, simply request to be added.
3. Website Calendar will be "scheduling central" (CLICK HERE FOR LINK)
3. OPENING for Volunteer Coordinator to work with Jerry Podany to coordinate tasks and the number of people working at the building at the same time.
4. Design/Aesthetics Team: Sue Winkelstern Team Lead - Meeting via Zoom on Tuesdays at 6:30. Contact Sue (email@example.com) is interested in joining the team
5. Kitchen Team Lead: Nan Podany
6. Safety Team to review COVID Procedures as well as building safety: Team Lead OPEN. Volunteers Maggie Bishop and Kay Batterson
Ramp to Lodge Offices: Chris McEnhill will research types and costs.
1. Small Refrigerator of Lodge Kitchen (small kitchen for employees and small groups) - COMPLETE week of Feb. 7th
1. Bookstore and possible Beverage Bar: Lisa Schmidt has volunteered to take this on.
Connecting with neighbors - especially grand opening
Add MAP to newsletter to clarify our location
LINK TO VIRTUAL TOUR OF Main Buildings
IMMEDIATE NEEDS. Based on our building inspection and walk throughs, there is a list of tasks identified which need our more immediate attention. Jerry Podany is leading a new task team, along with Board President Dan Maynard, to meet with professionals re roof repair, tree removal, etc. He is also supervising smaller tasks like checking for safety of electrical plugs and lights, weather stripping, deep cleaning, etc. If you'd like to volunteer to take on some tasks, contact Jerry at JoeHazard50@gmail.com or at his cell phone 517.507.6595
We recognize that some decisions on what to do with the building will only happen after we have lived in the building for awhile. Meanwhile, there is a lot of planning and preparation we can do now as long as we practice COVD safety procedures.
Note that each room and area has a posted list of things that need to be done. You are welcome to adopt a task or a whole room.
POSSIBLE TASK TEAMS - there may be more or teams may be combined
Each new task team will need a team lead of one of two people
Task Team: Design – Coordinate with Music Team, Kitchen Team for Sanctuary, Fellowship space, and Signage Team
Color scheme and guidelines using existing carpet. - This is necessary for planning of many of the other teams.
Naming Rooms – coordinate with Signage Team
Outlining planned usage for the rooms – esp
ecially Clubhouse upper and lower floors
Location of sanctuary is critical as we start bringing in equipment and setup to live stream services even prior to in-person services. We likely will experiement is different layouts. Considerations include powerpoint projection, sound, COVID guidelines for social distancing, where to locate video/sound booth, etc.
Task Team: Signage - Coordinate building and interior signs with Decorating Team
Road Sign - we would like this sooner than later
Task Team: Necessary Renovation Location of upper-level Clubhouse bathroom
Clubhouse handicap entrance - adding a ramp as soon as possible
Location of Jessica’s office, possible removable of existing bar and plumbing.
Possibles: divide photo copier room into a minister's closet and photo copier space,
add doors from two small rooms off minister's office to the great room for general access
Existing Teams with new task: Technology plus Sun
day Music Team of Jeff English and Steve Edwards
Setup of live streaming – coordinate with Decorating Team
Setup sound system, risers, etc.
Video/audio/live streaming booth
Arrange for professional cleaning of kitchen.
Organize kitchen equipment.
Consider operations for fellowship, potlucks.
Confirm with Bunnmaster and Dish washer companies our arrangements for ordering supplies.
Team: Safety (information to go to Ushers) Priority for this is driven by COVID restriction and in-person meetings
Locate fire extinguishers. Establish exit plan. COVID Guidelines
AND WHAT ELSE COMES TO MIND???