The Board of Trustees and Leadership Council met Monday, July 6th to determine a course of action to safely maintain our church life as we navigate the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the midst of uncertainty and in consideration of the safety of the congregation and employees and the recommendation of our Celebration Team, it is the Board of Trustees’ decision that
- “Unity Spiritual Center of Lansing” will not hold any in-person Sunday Services, classes, meetings, or groups through the end of 2020. Office hours will be by appointment only.”
We believe that good science, coupled with our seven Unity Core Values, must be the basis upon which we make decisions about in-person gatherings.
- Inclusivity: Our abiding care and concern for the most vulnerable, inside and outside our congregation.
- Stewardship and Integrity: Recognition that we are part of an interdependent web and, as such, our risk-taking and our protective actions affect far more than just ourselves.
- Spiritual Awakening, Joy, Prayer, and Freedom are values which we can uphold and practice without gathering in-person.
- The five criteria we will use to determine when we can begin meeting in person again:
- Multiple weeks in reduction of infections
- Adequate testing
- Sufficient personal protective equipment available
- Contact tracing programs in place throughout the country/state
- A widely available vaccine and/or effective treatment
- Unity Spiritual Center of Lansing will continue to offer virtual Sunday Spiritual Experiences. Plans are underway to offer the equivalent of “live-format” weekly services which include our Unity band by the fall if not sooner. Unity will also continue to offer classes and small groups on zoom and other appropriate virtual gatherings sites.
Thank you for your continued loving support and enthusiastic participation in our Unity community.
Your Board of Trustees and Leadership Council,
Board of Trustees: Dan Maynard, Nancy Cody, Christine Clements, Greg Edwards, Chris Janson, Lee Nelson, Claire Powers
Team Leaders: Jeff English, Jerry Podany, Casey Miller, Teresa Mulford, Nan Podany
Office Hours: By appointment only. Physical distancing, masks, etc. will be in place.
Mandatory Office Protocols include
a. Signing-in for potential contact tracing
b. Wearing a mask unless a person is working alone in an office.
c. Using Hand Sanitizer upon entering the building
d. Answering screening questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?