SPECIAL YOUTH & FAMILY EVENTS
Sunday, June 23rd Kids Day program 10:30 - 11:30 am at Unity
A day at a horse farm!
Stay tuned for details
There is a special children's program offered at
10:30 am on the 4th Sunday of every month,
September through May by our Youth Ed Director Casey Miller.
For June, July and August, Claire and Samantha will be facilitating the Kid's Day Program.
On other Sundays, our children are welcomed into our Sunday Celebration Service. There are quiet activity bags and TV tray tables available to engage the children as they sit with their responsible adult during the service.
The YFM (Youth & Family Ministry) meets in conjunction with SGAD (Spiritual Growth and Development) on the second Sunday of the month, following the Sunday Service.
Currently Unity Spiritual Center of Lansing's youth ministry is small and mighty. Our YFM Coordinater, Casey Miller, is open to exploring other options to serving our youth and families.
If you have some ideas and would like to become involved with Youth and Family Ministry, contact Casey Miller email@example.com
We are also exploring how we can serve the youth in our neighborhood.
Stay tuned for further developments.
Youth and Family Ministry Team
Rooted in love, joy, integrity and Unity Principles, we strive to provide a safe and
respectful environment that enables today's youth to become tomorrow's world changers.
Team Leader Casey Miller
Board Link Dan Maynard
- we incorporate the core values of USCL
- create a safe environment for sunday service.
- present curriculum consistent with spiritual growth and development
- provide well trained lesson leaders
- link to congregation
- All Ages centered events and activities
- encourage congregation participation
- market and advertise events and activities
- encourage grand parent participation
- create palatable discipline policy
- encourage retention
- support parents in attendance
- Make sure at least two lesson leaders are present for every group
- train instructors regularly in curriculum
- yearly background checks
- monthly family events
- parent classes during events
- FB/newsletter/bulletin notices
- reports during sunday celebration
- expand web presence with social media and website
- bring your grand kid to church event